The AFC Cup is an annual international club football competition organized by the Asian Football Confederation (AFC). It is the second-tier club competition in Asia. Also, after the AFC Champions League. The 2023-24 edition of the AFC Cup will feature 40 teams from the five AFC Zones. Also, The teams were drawn into ten groups of four teams each. Explore Group Stage Draw Results.
Moreover, The AFC Champions League is switching to an inter-year schedule this season, from September to May, for the first time since 2002-03. The number of players that teams can register has also increased to 35, and they will be able to field six foreign players in games, with one of these players still having to be from another Asian nation.
Furthermore, The AFC Champions League 2023-24 group stage draw was conducted by AFC General Secretary Dato’ Windsor John and AFC Competitions Director Colin Smith. Also, The teams were seeded into four pots based on their performance in the previous season. In addition, the teams from Pot 1 were the champions of the zonal competitions. Meanwhile, the teams from Pot 4 were the lowest-ranked teams.
in addition, the AFC Champions League 2023-24 group stage draw was conducted in two stages. In the first stage, the teams from Pot 1 were drawn into Groups A, B, C, and D. Also, In the second stage, the teams from Pots 2, 3, and 4 were drawn into the remaining groups, with the following criteria:
Group Stage Draw Results East Zone
- F Group: Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors FC (South Korea), Bangkok United (Thailand), Lion City Sailors FC (Singapore), Kitchee SC (Hong Kong).
- G Group: Yokohama F. Marinos (Japan), Shandong Taishan FC (China), Kaya FC-Iloilo (Philippines), Incheon United (South Korea).
- H Group: Buriram United (Thailand), Ventforet Kofu (Japan), Melbourne City FC (Australia), Zhejiang Professional FC (China).
- I Group: Ulsan Hyundai FC (South Korea), Kawasaki Frontale (Japan), Johor Darul Ta’zim (Malaysia), BG Pathum United (Thailand).
- J Group: Wuhan Three Towns (China), Pohang Steelers (South Korea), Hanoi FC (Vietnam), Urawa Red Diamonds (Japan).
- A Group: Pakhtakor (Uzbekistan), Al Fayha FC (Saudi Arabia), Ahal FC (Turkmenistan), Al Ain FC (UAE).
- B Group: Al Sadd SC (Qatar), FC Nassaf (Uzbekistan), Al Faisaly (Saudi Arabia), Sharjah FC (UAE).
- C Group: Al Ittihad (Saudi Arabia), Sepahan SC (Iran), Air Force Club (Iraq), AGMK FC (Uzbekistan).
- D Group: Al Hilal SFC (Saudi Arabia), FC Nassaji Mazandaran (Iran), Mumbai City FC (India), Navbahor (Uzbekistan).
- E Group: Persepolis FC (Iran), Al Duhail SC (Qatar), FC Istiklol (Tajikistan), Al Nassr FC (Saudi Arabia).
Follow our Twitter handle for more updates