Ambernath United Atlanta FC of Maharashtra has always finished at the top of every competition in which they have played. They won the MFA Elite Premier League championship in their first year of existence (2021-22 season) and then went on to win the coveted Harwood Champions League, capping off a double-winning season. However, AUAFC successfully defended their Elite Premier League championship (2022-23 season) to make it back-to-back titles in Mumbai’s premier domestic league. Moreover, they have been nominated for the Hero I League 2, the third tier of the Indian Football League system, where they will represent Maharashtra in their debut.
As the 15th edition of the Hero I-League 2 approaches, it is also the first I-League 2 following its rebranding as the third tier of the Indian Football League system. However, this group of 20 consists of 12 state league champions, 6 ISL reserve teams, and two qualification round winners.
The 20 clubs that took part were divided into four groups: Group A, Group B, Group C, and Group D.
Techtro Swades United (Himachal Pradesh), Jagat Singh Palahi (Punjab), Mumbai City (R) (Maharashtra), Downtown Heroes (Jammu & Kashmir), and Delhi FC are the teams in Group A. (New Delhi)
Shillong Lajong, The Diamond Rock, United SC, and East Bengal are in Group B. (R)
Bengaluru FC (R), Golden Threads, RKM FA, Chennaiyin FC (R), FC Bengaluru United are in Group C. ARA FC, Dempo, AUA FC, FC Goa (R), and Hyderabad FC are in Group D. (R)
Four winners from their respective groups advance to the final round. However, the four best second-placed teams will compete, with one of them joining the four group winners in the final round. Moreover, the top two finishers in the final round get promoted to the Hero I-League 2023-24. However, the other three will advance to the final round of Hero I-League 2 qualifying.
AUA FC will make its Hero I-League 2 debut this season. However, after a fantastic season in the Elite Premier League the previous year, they won the title in overwhelming fashion without losing a single match. Moreover, they are representing Maharashtra in the I-League 2 tournament and want to be promoted to the I-League next season.
The schedule for Ambernath United Atlanta FC is as follows:
1) Ambernath United Atlanta FC vs. Hyderabad FC (R), Sunday, March 19, 2023, 4.30 p.m. The game will begin at Cooperage Stadium in Mumbai.
2) Ambernath United Atlanta FC against ARA FC, Saturday, March 25, 2023, 4.30 p.m. The game will begin at Cooperage Stadium in Mumbai.
3) FC Goa (R) versus Ambernath United Atlanta FC, Thursday, March 30, 2023, 4 p.m. kickoff at Goa’s Nagoa Panchayat Field.
4) Dempo FC versus Ambernath United Atlanta FC, April 2, 2023, 4 p.m. The game will begin at the Dempo Academy Field in Goa.
5) Ambernath United Atlanta FC vs. FC Goa (R), Friday, April 7, 2023, 4.30 p.m. kickoff at Cooperage Stadium in Mumbai.
6) Ambernath United Atlanta FC vs. Dempo, Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 4.30 p.m. The game will begin at Cooperage Stadium in Mumbai.
7) Hyderabad FC(R) versus Ambernath United Atlanta FC, Thursday, April 20, 2023, kickoff at Bengaluru Football Stadium.
8) ARA FC against Ambernath United Atlanta FC, Thursday, April 27, 2023, kickoff at Ahmedabad’s Shahibaug Police Stadium.
The eight-match schedule maintains the same format of two home games followed by two away games. Moreover, Ambernath United Atlanta FC will face stiff competition in Group D from two ISL reserve clubs, Hyderabad FC and FC Goa. However, Dempo FC are I-league giants recognised for its football academy. They have produced some of the top talent in the country. ARA FC have had a lot of domestic success in Gujarat and are also in the running to advance from Group D.
About Ambernath United Atlanta FC
Ambernath United Atlanta FC has won Mumbai’s Elite Premier League twice, both times undefeated, as well as the Asian Champions League. However, Ambernath United Atlanta FC will represent Mumbai Metropolitan Area in the I-League 2 in 2023.
Follow our Twitter handle for more updates.