Group F of the Durand Cup is one of the most evenly matched groups in the competition. All four teams in the group have a chance to qualify for the knockout stages, and it is likely to be a closely contested group. Explore Durand Cup Group F analysis.
Durand Cup The Teams in Group F are:
Durand Cup Group analysis Bodoland FC
Bodoland FC are the defending champions of the I-League 2nd Division, and they will be looking to make a good impression in the Durand Cup. Also, The team has a good mix of experience and youth, and they are led by the experienced striker Daisuke Matsui.
Furthermore, Bodoland FC has a strong squad, with a good balance of youth and experience. Their defense is solid, and they have a number of good attacking players, including Daisuke Matsui, Suhair Vadakkepeedika, and Arjun Mardi. Bodoland FC will be favorites to top Group F, but they will need to be wary of Indian Army FC and Odisha FC.
Indian Army FC
Indian Army FC is a team that is always underestimated, but they have a good chance of qualifying for the knockout stages of the Durand Cup. The team has a good mix of experience and youth, and they are led by the experienced midfielder Bikash Jairu.
Additionally, Indian Army FC has a strong squad, with a good balance of youth and experience. Their defense is solid, and they have a number of good attacking players, including Bikash Jairu, Jerry Mawihmingthanga, and Naorem Mahesh. Also, Indian Army FC will be looking to challenge for the top spot in Group F, and they will be a tough team to beat.
Key Players to Watch Out For
- Daisuke Matsui (Bodoland FC): The experienced striker is the key player for Bodoland FC. He has scored 10 goals in his last three matches, and he will be looking to continue his good form in the Durand Cup.
- Bikash Jairu (Indian Army FC): The experienced midfielder is the key player for Indian Army FC. He is the team’s captain, and he is a good passer of the ball. He will be looking to control the midfield and create chances for his teammates.
- Jerry Mawihmingthanga (Indian Army FC): The young midfielder is a rising star in Indian football. He is quick and skillful, and he has a good eye for goals. He will be looking to make a big impact in the Durand Cup.
- Naorem Mahesh (Indian Army FC): The young defender is another rising star in Indian football. He is strong and good in the air, and he is also good on the ball. He will be looking to keep Bodoland FC’s attack at bay.
Also, Bodoland FC and Indian Army FC are the two favorites to top Group F. However, it is a competitive group, and any of the four teams could qualify for the knockout stages. predict that Bodoland FC will top Group F, followed by Indian Army FC, Odisha FC, and Rajasthan United FC.
Overall, Group F of the Durand Cup is expected to be a closely contested group. Furthermore, All four teams have a chance to qualify for the knockout stages. And also it will be interesting to see who comes out on top.
- Bodoland FC are the defending champions of the I-League 2nd Division, having won the title in 2022-23.
- Indian Army FC have won the Durand Cup a record 16 times, more than any other team.
- Odisha FC are the most recent winners of the Durand Cup, having won the title in 2021.
- Rajasthan United FC are making their debut in the Durand Cup this year.
Follow our Twitter handle for more updates.