Chelsea produced a brilliant performance to beat Aston Villa 3-1 and seal progression to the fifth round of the FA Cup. Conor Gallagher, Nicolas Jackson and Enzo Fernandez all netted to secure a much-needed win.
Here is how the Chelsea players fared against Aston Villa
- Djordje Petrovic (GK) -6.5- He didn’t have a lot to do in the first half. He made a few crucial saves. There wasn’t much he could do about the goal scored by Diaby.
- Ben Chilwell (LB) -6- Looked good in the first half when everyone played well. But still didn’t look at his best for Chelsea against Aston Villa.
- Benoit Badiashile (CB) -6- He looked shaky at times but had a good game overall. His injury will be a concern as he wasn’t able to play the full 90 minutes.
- Axel Disasi (CB) -7- The Frenchman certainly looked good at center-back. He made a brilliant block in the second half.
- Malo Gusto (RB) -8- The right-back was one of the best players on the pitch. He was exactly the fullback Chelsea needed. He was good defensively and even provided an assist.
- Enzo Fernandez (CM) -9- Exceptional. Looked back at his best. There was a period in the first half where he was everywhere. Then scored a sensational free kick to make it 3-0.
- Moises Caicedo (CM) -7.5- The Ecuadorian was everywhere for Chelsea after a slow start at Villa Park. He made a few key tackles.
- Conor Gallagher (CAM) -8- He scored his first goal of the season. He needed that after facing criticism lately. His all-round game was brilliant.
- Nicolas Jackson (LW) -8.5- The struggling striker started out-of-position on the left-wing, but seemed to make the role his own. He scored a towering header to get himself a goal.
- Cole Palmer (CF) -7- Probably the quietest of the Chelsea attacking players against Aston Villa, which was a surprise given his good form.
- Noni Madueke (RW) -8- His solo run before setting up Gallagher for his goal was one of the best. His finished product still looks unpolished, but his pace and confidence to take-on defenders was commendable.
For more sports updates, follow us on Twitter.