Leipzig Rejects Liverpool’s Carvalho Return, Player Determined to Stay

RB LEIPZIG

At just 21 years old, Portuguese player Fabio Carvalho left Anfield to join RB Leipzig on loan during the summer transfer window. Unfortunately, things haven’t gone smoothly for him in Germany, as he’s struggled to become a consistent part of Leipzig’s lineup.

Fabio’s career so far

Carvalho began his senior career at Fulham, where he played from 2020 to 2022. On May 15, 2021, Carvalho scored his first goal in a 3-1 loss to Southampton. He had a great start to the 2021-22 season, scoring three goals in his first five matches as Fulham tried to get back to the Premier League. For his excellent performance in August 2021, he was named the EFL Young Player of the Month.

Subsequently, he transferred to Liverpool but struggled to secure sufficient playing time. He scored his first goal for the club in a 9-0 win over AFC Bournemouth on August 27. Then, on August 31, he sealed a 2-1 victory against Newcastle United with a late 98th-minute goal at Anfield.

Despite being loaned to RB Leipzig during the summer, his situation did not improve. Fábio Carvalho has started just 2 games for RB Leipzig this season.

RB Leipzig’s Take on Fabio Carvalho’s Potential Anfield Comeback

while speaking to Liverpool.com, Leipzig journalist Guido Schäfer said:

He is a challenger; this is what his position was [always going to be],And he fights [for a place in the team] against very good players in his position: Xavi Simons, Emil Forsberg, Christoph Baumgartner and Dani Olmo. I asked Leipzig if it was possible that he would leave in the winter and they said, ‘No, he will stay’.”

Schäfer further stated:

“He is working hard, and this is the most important thing. He is fighting for his chance.”

As featured on WalkOn.com

For more football updates, make sure to follow us on:



To Top
WP Twitter Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com